Sylvane.com » Indoor Health Matters


Know the Dangers of Carbon Monoxide

Posted by Ashley on March 18th, 2009

Last Friday (the 13th), one of our employees – with a particularly keen sense of smell – detected a potentially deadly problem with our office’s air quality. Walking back and forth from the warehouse, our warehouse manager, Drew, (and his bloodhound-like olfactory sense) sniffed traces of gas that seemed to be emanating from the Sylvane break room. As an initial step, we confirmed the presence of a dangerous gas using our trusty Safety Siren Pro Series Combination Gas Detector. But when it was clear that the odor was growing stronger, we thought it was best to call in a natural gas expert to diagnose the problem and advise us on how to handle it. A half-hour later, we identified the scary pollutant – carbon monoxide. The culprit? More on that in a minute. Read more about carbon monoxide

Sylvane.com – New Website, Same Great Service

Posted by Ashley on March 10th, 2009

For the past few months, all of us here at Sylvane.com have been working on a rather top secret project. Well, maybe not top secret, but we have had something very special up our sleeves. Now, we are ready to make the big reveal. (Drum roll please…)

This past weekend, we launched the new and improved Sylvane.com! If you haven’t already, take a minute and check it out. Read more about the new Sylvane.com