May Is National Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month and MCS Awareness Month
- Did you know that an estimated 60 million people are affected by allergies and asthma? That’s more than Parkinson’s, coronary heart disease, stroke, Alzheimer’s, cancer, and diabetes combined.
- Did you know that asthma is one of the most common serious chronic childhood diseases and the third-ranking cause of hospitalization among children under 15?
- Did you know that MCS symptoms can be triggered by perfumes, candles, food preservatives, flavor enhancers, fresh paint, cleaning compounds, personal care products, and more?
- Did you know that MCS symptoms include headache, fatigue, dizziness, nausea, memory problems, respiratory problems, mood changes, muscle pain or stiffness, diarrhea, or even changes in heart rhythm?
- Did you know that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) reports that one-third of people working in sealed buildings claim to be sensitive to one or more chemicals?
- Did you know that there is no known cure for allergies, asthma, or MCS? Prevention is the best way to control reactions.
- Did you know that maintaining clean indoor air quality in your home can help control allergy, asthma, and MCS symptoms?
If you answered yes to these questions, then you are well on your way to being an allergy, asthma, and MCS guru. If these questions shed some light on mysterious symptoms experienced by yourself, a family member, or a friend, then now is a great time to learn more about allergy, asthma, and MCS diagnosis, treatment, and prevention. Take a look at the MCS Event Planning Kit for ideas on promoting MCS awareness. You can also visit the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America for a variety of ideas on education, fundraising, and support.
You should also check out our newly redesigned Learning Center for wealth of resources on allergy and asthma treatment and prevention options, as well as MCS solutions. You can also find buying guides to help you choose the best indoor air treatment solution for your home and family.