Santa Fe Releases New Santa Fe Advance2 Dehumidifier
The best keep getting better—it’s an old saying that almost always seems to be true. While I’ve never heard it used to describe a dehumidifier, it’s exactly what Santa Fe has done to its massively-popular Santa Fe Advance Dehumidifier. Many considered the American-built Advance the best dehumidifier around, and yet it just got even better thanks to the new upgraded version: the Santa Fe Advance 2 Dehumidifier. Specifically, the top-of-the-line crawl space and basement dehumidifier is even more efficient, quiet, and durable.
The Advance 2 shares a lot of the great features its predecessor included: it removes 90 pints of moisture a day and keeps spaces up to 2,200 square feet full of fresh, dry air. It’s also Energy Star-rated, uses superior filtration, and has multiple installation options.
But a few design improvements help the Advance 2 run more efficiently and quietly. The biggest change is it now offers dual-exhaust outlets for increased airflow and efficiency. As opposed to 1 exhaust in the original Santa Fe Advance, the Advance 2 uses dual-exhausts to quickly push dehumidified air throughout your basement, crawl space, or other area. This means it delivers the maximum amount of treated air in a shorter amount of time, so your space will be full of treated, dehumidified air quicker than ever before.
A more durable, sheet metal shell is another design upgrade. This update not only helps your dehumidifier last longer but allows it to operate more quietly than before. Santa Fe engineers also made their new model slightly smaller, so it’s easier to install and place in your home space.
Since up to 50% of the air in your home comes up from your basement or crawl space, it’s important to keep these areas mold-, mildew-, and bacteria-free. Maintaining a relative humidity between 30 and 50% is the best place to start, and the new Santa Fe Advance 2 is an easy way to achieve this goal.
Other Improvements and Impressive Design Details
- Energy Star: The Santa Fe Advance 2 exceeds Energy Star-rating requirements and only draws 5.7 amps.
- MERV 8 Filtration: A superior air filtration system and easy-to-change filter keeps this basement dehumidifier working at peak efficiency.
- Low Temperature Operation: Specifically engineered for crawl spaces, the Advance2 continues working in low temperatures (down to 57 degrees F), when many standard dehumidifiers wouldn’t be able to handle it.
- Optional Condensate Pump: A drain hose comes with your Santa Fe dehumidifier, but consider the Santa Fe Force condensate pump if you need to pump water up and out of your space.
- Duct Kit: Another installation option is ducting one or both of the Advance 2’s exhaust vents to another location in your home. For more information, read about the Santa Fe Force Supply Duct Kit.
As far as dehumidifiers go, it seems clear that the best do indeed keep getting better. To learn more about the improvements, read our Santa Fe Advance 2 product page.
Have you used the new Santa Fe Advance2? Let us know your experience with it in the comments below!