Whynter is known for having some of the most eco-friendly portable air conditioners on the market. Their features aren’t just good for the environment: They save money and make your life easier. Combining efficient designs with powerful cooling and convenient features make Whynter ACs a top choice for our customers.
Whynter’s “Go Green” Mission
Whynter does their part to preserve the environment’s natural resources. Their mission to “Go Green” means that all Whynter models use the eco-friendly R-410A refrigerant, meet RoHS standards, and consume less energy than comparable portable ACs.
The R-410A refrigerant contains no ozone-depleting chemicals and increases the AC’s energy efficiency. Higher energy efficiency means a longer life expectancy and less hassle for users.
RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) compliance is not a regulatory requirement in the U.S., but Whynter ensures their units comply by avoiding the use of lead and other hazardous substances that some electrical equipment contain. Disposing of these substances (or equipment containing them) hurts the environment and can damage human health.
Making Your Life Easier
Whynter portable air conditioners offer various efficient and hassle-free features that make handling your portable AC a breeze.
- Auto-Drain Technology: Instead of siphoning condensation into a tank that needs emptying manually, Whynter ACs recycle a portion of the water and use it to cool the unit. This reduces and, in some cases, eliminates collected condensate.
- Remote Control: Easily change your AC’s speed, mode, or other settings with a handy remote control.
- Washable Air Filters: You can clean and reuse air filters to make sure the AC runs as efficiently as possible.
- Programmable Timer: A 24-hour programmable timer allows for easy, set-and-go operation. Setting the AC in advance also avoids running the unit when it’s not needed, saving money and energy.
- Multiple Modes: Many Whynter models include numerous operating modes, meaning some models can cool, heat, dehumidify, purify the air, and act only as a fan. Now that’s multi-tasking.
Whynter models include as many of these features as possible. Each unit earns its “Go Green” certification, then receives the additional features to make it both simple to use and efficient.
Check One Out
One of our most popular Whynter models is the Whynter 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner. It keeps your space comfortable all year with four modes (cool, heat, fan-only, and dehumidify) and includes many of the features discussed above. This model also offers 14,000 BTUs of cooling power, making it one of the strongest portable ACs around.
It’s no surprise Whynter has quickly become one of our best-selling AC brands. Their attention to detail benefits the environment and AC owners alike. For more information on Whynter portable air conditioners, visit our Whynter Brand Center.