Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Comments about HAAN SI-60 Select Steam Mop:
I ordered this steamer after our shark professional steamer died after two years of use. I love the idea of steam cleaners because I have young kids and I don't want to use too many chemicals in the house. So I had to quickly find a replacement for the shark steamer. After reading many reviews online, I decided that the Si-60 would be a good replacement. The part that sold me was that it is the only true sanitizer because of the 212 degree F steam it creates. All the other steamers I looked at doesn't even come close ( eg shark).
The steamer came in about a week and after paying $65 in duties on top of the original price, this machine have better deliver. Assembly was a cinch. took me 10 minutes to put it together and another 15 minutes to read the safety warnings and away I go. At first I did not know whether it was working or not because it was so quiet compared to the shark. I couldn't see any steam coming out like the shark either so I wasn't sure it was working so I stuck my toe close and almost burned it because it was so hot (so much for reading the safety precautions). Once I figured out it was working I started cleaning the ceramic kitchen tiles and then turned it low to clean the hardwood in the dinning room. It dried pretty quickly and I was amazed at how clean the floor felt. It has never been so clean. I was estatic and a bit relieved after spending so much money on it.
So to recap, this is what I like best about it:
- it's super quiet and I can mop while the baby is sleeping (couldn't do that with the shark)
- it heats up so quickly (20sec) while the shark, I would turn it on and walk away and come back after 10 minutes to see if it's heated
- it's light weight and there are no extra parts following you around like the shark
- there's a place on the back that you can store the chord so it doesn't get tangled and all messed up like the shark.
- it comes with a lime and calcium cleaner that you use once a month to get rid of water deposits
-it cleans better than the shark - All grease from the kitchen was completely gone.
-it cleaned the hardwood well without damaging it
Here are some disadvantages I found:
- the steamer left water marks on the hardwood floor if you scrub across the length of the wood. It's not as noticeable if you scrub along the length of the wood
- It gets so hot where the steam comes out that when I took off the cleaning pad, I saw burn marks so I better order more pads
- The annoying part is I have to put the steam mop on a special pad when heating it up and sometimes I forget to do it because the pad is not within arms reach
Overall, I love this steam mop and would reccomend it to anybody. I gave this only a 4 star because I just got it and do not know how long it's going to last. Hopefully it will last longer than the shark.
Comments about HAAN SI-60 Select Steam Mop:
My online order was quick and easy to accomplish and my order was on it's way the next day. I received an email with a link for tracking and ETA date.It arrived on the exact due date promised. For this I give Sylvane five stars for easy purchase, quick shipping and great communication.
As for the product, we had it unpacked and set up in ten minutes and used it right away. I was impressed with the sturdy feel of the unit compared to a different band we had been looking at. The adjustable handle (three heights) allowed both my wife and I to use the mop comfortably with less bending that the chemical mop we previously used.
The super long power cord allowed for continuous use with little downtime to move from outlet to outlet. As for cleaning, Shazam! This dirt busting machine made our hardwood floors sparkle for the first time in years. We have a Golden Retriever who makes no bones about making a mess most every time he eats or when he is let back into our home after a romp or pit stop in our backyard. We live in the Seattle area and with all of the wet rainy weather, muddy paws are inevitable. We love this steam mop.
Their are two steam levels which allow you to pick the steam level for you floor depending on the type of flooring you are cleaning. Our wood floors worked fine on level 1 but for tough spots a quick switch to level 2 produced more steam for the tougher areas when needed. the Ultra Micro pads do a great job but will get wetter faster when using the higher steam setting. If you have a lot of floors to clean, I would order a couple of extras of these pads (blue color) if you plan on doing all you floors in the house the same day. We haven't used the carpet attachment but seeing how well the Haan has performed on our floors, I expect it will will sanitize admirably on our carpet and maybe even help with some of soiled areas.