Steam cleaners have exploded in popularity recently as many of us search for safer, greener, and more effective ways to clean our indoors without toxic chemicals. Ladybug, a pioneer in vapor steam cleaning technology, leads the way with its line-up of deluxe steam cleaners designed for both residential and commercial cleaning. While you might have made the decision to invest in a Ladybug steam cleaner, it's often difficult to choose the right one for your needs. As your first step, it's helpful to understand how each model differs from the next. Then you can ask yourself a few simple questions to select the best Ladybug steam cleaner for your lifestyle.
How Ladybug Steam Cleaners Differ
All Ladybug steam cleaners use the same vapor steam technology to transform ordinary tap water into a super-disinfecting steam that cleans your surfaces safely without chemicals. Each model also includes a standard accessory kit with all the tools you'll need to steam clean a variety of surfaces throughout your indoors. So what makes each Ladybug steam cleaner different? Consider three things:
- Water tank capacity
- Boiler temperature
- Maximum operating pressure
Water Tank Capacity
Water tank capacity is the amount of water held in the water reservoir at one time, usually measured in ounces or liters. Ladybug steamers have two capacity measurements, one for the boiler chamber and the other for the cold water reservoir. During operation, the boiler continually draws water from the cold water reservoir and converts it into steam. All Ladybug steamers are continuous fill systems, which means that you can refill the water tank as you clean without having to wait for the machine to cool down.
- Ladybug models that have larger boiler and reservoir capacities allow you to clean for longer periods of time on one fill-up. That means more nonstop cleaning time.
A steam cleaner's boiler is where water is heated to high temperatures and transformed into a sanitizing steam. By design, different steam cleaners may reach different maximum boiler temperatures. A steam cleaner's boiler temperature combined with its maximum operating pressure gives you a good indication of how quickly the system will create steam and how well the steam will clean soiled surfaces.
- Steam cleaners that have higher boiler temperatures disinfect and clean soiled surfaces more quickly than models with lower boiler temperatures. That means you'll spend less time cleaning and finish your cleaning tasks faster.
Maximum Operating Pressure
A steam cleaner's maximum operating pressure, measured in pounds per square inch (psi), is the amount of pressure the machine uses to steam clean surfaces. All steam cleaners operate at a generally low pressure, but models will vary slightly in their psi levels.
- Steam cleaners with higher operating pressure clean surfaces quicker and more effectively than those with lower pressure.
This is especially true in the case of heavily soiled surfaces. For example, cleaning old tile grout or very greasy countertops requires a steam cleaner with higher pressure than would everyday household cleaning jobs.
- A steam cleaner with higher maximum operating pressure combined with a high boiler temperature will also convert water into steam quicker than lower-pressure models. That means you'll be able to start cleaning sooner and finish your routine faster.
Questions for Choosing a Ladybug Steam Cleaner
Now that you have a better understanding of the main differences among our Ladybug steam cleaners—and steam cleaners in general—ask yourself these 3 questions to help you choose the model that will be best for you.
1. Where will you be using your steam cleaner?
Think about where you'll use your steam cleaner. Will you use it to clean around the house, at your workplace, or for heavy-duty cleaning in a commercial setting? Ladybug steam cleaners are great choices for both home and commercial use.
For both everyday and deep-cleaning around the house:
- Consider our most popular Ladybug steam cleaner for residential use, the Ladybug XLT2300. This is a large-capacity model with enough steaming pressure to clean set-in grime off smooth floors, counters, cabinets, tubs, showers, bathroom fixtures, walls, and more.
For cleaning around your workplace or in commercial environments:
- Consider the Ladybug XLT2300 or the Ladybug Tekno 2350. Both steamers have a higher water capacity and more steaming pressure to allow you to clean longer between fillings and tackle soiled surfaces faster.
2. Would you benefit from a TANCS-equipped model?
Select Ladybug steam cleaners are equipped with TANCS to help them clean and disinfect surfaces quicker and more effectively than non-TANCS models. TANCS stands for Thermo Accelerated Nano Crystal Sanitation. This technology uses naturally occurring minerals found in tap water to form energized crystals that accelerate as you steam. When the vapor steam comes in contact with a surface, germs and bacteria are destroyed at a quicker rate. Ladybug steam cleaners with TANCS are great choices for disinfecting quickly around the house and in more sensitive commercial environments such as hospitals, schools, and restaurants.
3. What is your budget?
Steam cleaners rise in cost as you increase tank capacity, boiler temperature, and operating pressure as well as add more convenience features. As you shop for a Ladybug steamer, considering your budget is just as important as considering how you'll use your steam cleaner. If you plan to use your Ladybug for everyday household cleaning and won't be doing a lot of heavy-duty cleaning jobs, a residential model at a lower price point will be all you need.
For light, everyday household cleaning:
- Consider the entry-level Ladybug 2150; Ladybug's standard residential model, the Ladybug 2200S; or the TANCS-equipped Ladybug T 2200S. All 3 models offer a good combination of water capacity, operating pressure, and boiler temperature to make everyday cleaning on a budget a breeze.
For everyday and deep cleaning around the house:
- Choose the Ladybug XLT 2300, our most popular model for residential cleaning and our best value for all types of household cleaning. The XLT2300 gives you a larger capacity, higher steaming pressure, and the added power of TANCS for easy disinfection wherever you need it.
For light and heavy-duty cleaning in commercial settings:
- Choose a high-capacity, high pressure model with TANCS such as the Ladybug Tekno 2350 or the Ladybug XLT 2300. These steam cleaners will give you the disinfection power you need to finish your cleaning routine sooner, saving you time and money.
Still Have Questions?
For more information on our Ladybug steam cleaners, visit our Ladybug Brand Center and browse our products. Need one-on-one help choosing a model? Call our friendly air treatment specialists at 1-800-934-9194. We'll help you find the right Ladybug steamer for your needs.