Laser particle counters are sophisticated monitors used for the quick and accurate measurement of airborne particle concentrations. Traditional units are extremely high priced and are often used in hospitals, laboratories and clean room facilities – where clean air is critical. This innovative air quality monitor uses the same laser technology as the traditional units to give you the same accurate readings. However, this monitor has been redesigned to expressly meet the needs of home users – at an affordable price.
As air is cycled through the unit, both small and large particles are counted and displayed. Small particles counted include: fine dust, bacteria, mold, smoke, and smog. Large particles include: coarse dust, pollens, larger bacteria, plant spores, pet dander and dust mite feces. Anyone with allergies or asthma can use this information to specifically monitor their trouble areas. Someone with an allergy to pollen, for example, will be especially interested in their air’s large particle count.
PC Interface Option
The PC Interface Option has all the features of the standard DC1100, but also allows you to capture the air quality data to a PC for graphing and analysis. A 9-pin serial cable (not included) links the DC1100 to your PC or laptop which then captures the data as it samples. To use this feature, you must connect a 9pin serial cable from the unit to a COM port on your PC. If your PC lacks any COM ports, you can purchase a COM Port to USB adapter to use with the cable.
NOTE - Any software that comes with the cable must be installed before using.
Portable and Versatile
The unit is small and lightweight, allowing you to easily test any area of your home. Take it anywhere you spend large portions of your day indoors. Use the information to take action to protect you and your family and give you peace of mind knowing that the air you breathe is safe and healthy.
- True laser particle counter
- Keeps separate counts of both small particles (less than 1 micron to 5 microns) and large particles (greater than 5 microns)
- LCD display shows particle counts numerically and graphically (bar graph)
- Choose between two modes of operation:
- Continuous mode: Unit continuously samples the air
- Monitor mode: Air is sampled for one minute every hour
- Three history viewing options available:
- Minute history mode: View data recorded over the past hour, minute by minute
- Hour history mode: View data recorded over the past day, hour by hour
- Day history mode: View data recorded over the past month, day by day
- Stores up to 30 days of data history
- Power – 9V wall adapter (120V/60Hz)
- Dimensions (H x W x D) – 7” x 4.5” x 3”