Keep comfortably cool and dry without sending your electric bills skyrocketing with the energy-efficient Sunpentown 18,500-BTU Window Air Conditioner. This model connects to any 230/208-volt electrical outlet, and with 18,500 BTUs of cooling power, it can keep single rooms, studios, and small apartments refreshingly cool even when outdoor temperatures soar.
Featuring 3 fan speeds and 4 operational modes, the SPT WA-1811SWindow Air Conditioner lets you enjoy a variety of comfort settings:
Auto mode signals the Sunpentown WA-1811S to maintain your chosen temperature setting within a set range at a set speed, switching back and forth between cooling and fan-only modes.
Cool mode maintains your ideal temperature within 2 degrees F and lets you set the fan speed according to your preference.
- In Dry mode, this air conditioner works like a dehumidifier, extracting up to 3.27 pints of water vapor from the air every hour.
- A Fan-Only mode brings fresh air indoors for non-cooling ventilation.
The Sunpentown WA-1811S Window Air Conditioner has an Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) ratio of 10.7, saving you money on electrical bills without compromising comfort. This model also boasts an energy-saving function that cycles the AC on for 2 minutes at 10-minute intervals as long as your favored temperature setting is maintained. When the temperature rises above your setting, it switches back to the regular cooling mode.
Key Operation and Design Features
- Designed to fit windows 26.5 inches to 40.5 inches wide, the Sunpentown WA-1811S comes with everything you need for installation, including hardware mounts, 2 accordion panels, and window seals.
- Electronic controls and a digital display make it easy to monitor and adjust the model's 3 fan speeds and 4 operational settings.
- A 24-hour programmable timer lets you schedule the air conditioner to start operation up to 10 hours in advance or to switch off automatically when you're away from home.
- A user-friendly remote control allows you to change settings from anywhere in the room.
- An easily accessible air filter washes up in a snap, saving you money on filter replacements.
- Adjustable louvers let you direct the flow of conditioned air up or down and side to side.
Sleep Mode: A sleep feature automatically raises the temperature setting by 2 degrees every 30 minutes for the first hour and then maintains the new setting for 6 hours; this provides quiet and efficient cooling while you sleep.
Check-Filter Light: Its "check filter" message appears on the display when it's time to clean the air filter.
Slide-Out Chassis: A removable chassis simplifies maintenance chores for a longer service life.
Automatic Restart: An auto restart feature allows the model to retain settings in case of a power outage.
Eco-Friendly Operation: The Sunpentown model uses R-410A, a non-ozone-depleting refrigerant.
If you’re looking for a powerful, efficient AC was a ton of extra features, consider this Sunpentown AC for large spaces or small apartments.
What Customers Love
Packed with Features: Multiple modes, a Sleep feature, programmable timer, and energy-saving function give you various options for operation.
Efficient Power: A 10.7 EER coupled with 18,500 BTUs make it not only one of the most powerful window models.
Things to Consider
230-Volts: This model requires a 230-volt plug, so make sure your space can handle this requirement.